PA SHPO has released an updated 2017 version of the Guidelines for Archaeological Investigation in Pennsylvania.
After a series of changes over this past summer, we are happy to provide a comprehensive revision to our Guidelines for Archaeological Investigation in Pennsylvania.
All the tweaks and updates we have made in anticipation of updates to the CRGIS as well as our eagerly awaited, developing, Data Management System have been included – as well as a one addition: updated metal detector investigation guidance.
The new features are listed below, and the full revised version of the Guidelines is now available on our website.
- Updated Metal Detector Investigation Guidance
- New Report Submission Procedures
- Updated Archaeological Site Identification Criteria
- New Geospatial Submission Standards
- Revised PASS Form and Non-Site/Isolate Form
Be sure to check it out!