Interested in working at the Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office? PA SHPO has received approval to hire an Architectural Designer 2 (AD2) for the position of Tax Credit Reviewer. PA SHPO encourages anyone with an interest in working with the PA SHPO’s state and federal historic tax credit programs who meets AD2 class specifications to take the Civil Service test to be posted to the AD2 list. The test closes on February 25, 2017.
This full-time professional position is responsible for architectural and technical assistance for applying the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties to architects, homeowners, developers, municipalities and state and federal agencies for purposes of achieving compliance with state and federal historic preservation program requirements within the Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office. The primary purpose is to manage the state and federal historic preservation tax incentive programs and to serve as the architectural expert for state and federal historic preservation programs.
This is a Civil Service position and PA SHPO can only interview candidates that have taken the Civil Service test and then added to the Civil Service list. To be added to this list, a candidate must pass the Civil Service test for the Architectural Designer 2 classification. Please refer to the Civil Service Test FAQs for more information.
Upon passing the civil service test and meeting the minimum job requirements, candidates are added to eligible lists of applicants and ranked according to the test score. When a job vacancy occurs, the hiring agency may request an eligible list from which to interview for that job title. You may be contacted by telephone or in writing to determine your interest in interviewing for the job. Hiring is normally done from the highest ranking candidates on an eligible list. If you are ranked high enough on the eligible list, you may be contacted by the hiring agency to report for a job interview. Failure to respond to an availability notice will result in your name being removed from the list.
PA SHPO expects to issue a formal position announcement and begin interviews as soon as a list of qualified applicants is available. If you pass the test, please contact Scott Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org directly so we can monitor the list and follow it as it is populated with qualified candidates.
Please contact Scott Doyle at email@example.com with any questions.
COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
STATE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
|Job Title||Job Code||Pay Schedule and Range||Starting Salary|
|ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER 1||13310||ST07||$45,692|
|ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER 2||13320||ST08||$52,186|
Apply for all job titles of interest. You may not be able to add titles at a later time.
|Veterans||Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, visit the Commission’s website, Job Seekers page, for Veterans; visit one of our offices; or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Job Locations||· Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission – 1 Architectural Designer 2 vacancy located Dauphin County
· Pennsylvania Department of Transportation – 1 Architectural Designer 2 vacancy located in Dauphin County
· Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources – no vacancies currently; 3 filled Architectural Designer 2 positions located in Dauphin County
· Employment and promotion lists will be established
· Normal turnover may create additional job openings
|Type of Work||· Full-time employment
· Must be willing to travel. Travel expenses will be paid
|Both Class Titles
· Design commonwealth buildings such as offices, historical buildings and sites, highway maintenance sites, correctional facilities, and other structures to include park and forest sites, bridges and dams
· Prepare drawings, cost estimates, specifications and other contract documents
· Monitor progress during construction
· Resolve design and construction problems
Architectural Designer 2
· Design more complex projects and work with greater independence
|Qualifications||· Architectural Designer 1 – Must meet PA residency requirement
· Architectural Designer 2 – PA residency currently waived
· Click the Job Titles and Codes below and scroll to bottom of each job specification for Minimum Experience and Training Requirements and Necessary Special Requirement
· Certain positions for both classifications require licensure as a Registered Architect by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or a reciprocal jurisdiction
· Must be able to perform essential job functions
|Examination Information||· Score based on information reported on application
· Provide complete and accurate information or:
o score may be lower than deserved
o application processing may be delayed
o disqualification may result
· May only test once under this announcement
· Written notice of test results provided
· Only most recent exam scores are counted
· Testing may be announced for a specific area if needed
|How to Apply||· Complete online application and application supplement by clicking here or visiting www.scsc.pa.gov, Job Seekers page|
|Contact Information||Information or questions regarding employment, contact:
Governor’s Office of Administration, Executive Offices, Office of Human Resources,
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Bureau of Human Resources, P.O. Box 3789, Harrisburg, PA 17105-3789; Telephone: (717) 787-1103; Internet: www.penndot.gov
Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Bureau of Human Resources, Rachel Carson State Office Building, 9th Floor, P.O. Box 8768, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8768; Telephone: (717) 783-5788; Internet: www.dcnr.pa.gov/humanresources; E-mail: email@example.com
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans’ preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107; Telephone (215) 560-2253
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219; Telephone (412) 565-7666
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
PA CareerLink offices
|THE COMMONWEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER|