Are you a highly skilled historic preservationist with National Register experience?
The Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office (PA SHPO) is seeking an Historic Preservation Supervisor to coordinate the office’s National Register of Historic Places program.
Description of Work
The PA SHPO uses its resources to educate, encourage and enable Pennsylvanians to value and preserve Pennsylvania’s history and culture. Our role is to identify, promote, and protect the architectural and archaeological resources of the commonwealth.
The Historic Preservation Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the National Register of Historic Places program, supervising staff, and helping to guide proactive research, documentation, and survey efforts. .
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Required Experience, Training & Eligibility
One year in the Historic Preservation Specialist classification; or
A Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural History, American History, Archaeology, or a closely related field plus three years experience working on an architectural survey, an architectural restoration and preservation project, historic preservation program, or a preservation assistance project; or
Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must have experience supervising professional staff.
- Meet or exceed the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards.
- At least three years of experience writing National Register of Historic Places nominations, and/or demonstrable experience with nomination development, nomination review and editing, and successful interactions with staff, boards, and federal agencies.
- Demonstrable experience interpreting and applying National Park Service guidance and criteria for evaluating archaeological and/or above ground properties for National Register of Historic Places eligibility and listing.
- Demonstrable experience interpreting and applying contexts and Multiple Property Documentation Forms to historic resources.
- Demonstrate excellent ability working with a team of individuals and independently.
- Demonstrable experience conducting surveys of historic resources.
- Proficiency using technology and software applications to manage historic resource data, workflows, and workload.
- Experience in developing and implementing public outreach programs, conducting preservation education, and public speaking.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
Excellent computer and word processing skills using MS Office products and data management systems such as the SHPO’s PA-SHARE.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Telework eligible (part-time): You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) up to 3 days a week. Specific days will be determined by bureau directors according to bureau needs. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
APPLY BY 5/8/2022 11:59 PM EASTERN
External applications: For complete position description, salary and benefits information, and to apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pabureau/jobs/3500505/historic-preservation-supervisor-national-register?keywords=historic&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs.
Internal (CWOPA) applications: For complete position description, salary and benefits information, and to apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pabureau/jobs/3518162/historic-preservation-supervisor-national-register?keywords=historic&pagetype=promotionalJobs.
Attach a resume; it is required in order to submit an application.
Leave a Reply