One of the most important things you can do to get ready for PA-SHARE when it launches on February 22, 2021 is to have your login credentials at the ready.
Basic, Pro, or Business account users will be required to have a login to submit projects and resources in PA-SHARE. This will be either CWOPA credentials or Keystone login.
Users with Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (CWOPA) credentials will use their pa.gov email address and CWOPA password to log in to PA-SHARE. This includes contractors working for the commonwealth that have “c-“ at the beginning of their pa.gov email address.
If this applies to you, you’re all set for accessing PA-SHARE on launch day.
For users without CWOPA credentials, Keystone Login will serve as the authentication platform for PA-SHARE.
If you already have a Keystone Login – for example, you’ve applied for a Keystone Historic Preservation Grant in 2020 or 2021 – you’re all set for accessing PA-SHARE on launch day.
PA Keystone Login has an FAQ section and Help Desk if you need help with your username or have forgotten your password.
If you don’t have one, read on…
What is Keystone Login?
Keystone Login is a single, secure user account management system for doing online business with any Commonwealth of Pennsylvania agency. The commonwealth introduced the universal Keystone Login in December 2019 as the universal replacement for the former Keystone ID and PALogin systems.
Keystone Login provides increased security with advanced authentication tools to prevent unauthorized access and protect personal data. Users also appreciate the increased convenience of having only one username and password for multiple commonwealth services.
Who else uses Keystone Login?
Many commonwealth agencies utilize Keystone Login for citizens and anyone doing business with the commonwealth so they can access programs and services. Here are just a few examples:
- the PA Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) uses Keystone Login for its Electronic Single Application (ESA), which is the primary vehicle to apply for PA DCED grants, loans, and other support.
- the PA Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) uses Keystone Login for their soon-to-be-released Greenport system, which, like PA-SHARE, will allow registered users, private citizens or professionals, to enter data, submit reports, complete applications, and more.
- the PA Department of State uses Keysone Login for many of its online services like the charities renewal program, PennFile program for corporations, voter services and more.
How do I register for a Keystone Login?
The process to register for your Keystone Login is simple and quick.
The Keystone Login website has helpful information as well as a Help Desk, which can be reached by phone at 877-328-0995 or by email at KeystoneLoginSupport@randstadusa.com.
Step 1: Visit https://keystonelogin.pa.gov/ and click “Register”.
Alternatively, you can also click “Register for an Account” on the PA-SHARE landing page.
Step 2: Complete the online form and click “Register”. Here is a quick summary of what types of information you’ll need to provide.
- Personal Information: You will be asked for your first name, last name, and date of birth. These three fields are required and needed for secure user authentication. Please note that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania respects your privacy and will not share your information from Keystone Login with any third parties. PA SHPO does not have access to this information as part of your PA-SHARE account.
- Contact Information: Your email and/or mobile phone number are not required. However, by providing an email address, whether for a personal or business account, will allow you to easily reset your password.
- Login Information: Enter your preferred username and password following the security guidelines outlined on the registration form.
- Security Questions: You will be required to select three security questions and provide responses to protect your account.
Step 3: You will receive a confirmation email. Once you have that, you’re all set for accessing PA-SHARE on launch day.
Logging In to PA-SHARE for the First Time
You may be wondering what will happen the first time you log in to PA-SHARE. We will be sharing instructions for logging in and setting up your user profile closer to launch.
The very first time you sign in to PA-SHARE, you will need to complete your user profile. Your first name, last name, and email address will be automatically populated from either your CWOPA credentials or Keystone Login registration. (Note: this is another convenient reason to add your email to the Keystone Login registration page!)
You will then have the opportunity to select your access level (Basic, Pro or Business) and get to know your way around this exciting new system.
If you can’t wait until February 22, check out this new video Introducing PA-SHARE.