There is an immediate opening for the following position with the Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission (PHMC):
Project Manager 1
This is a limited-term position expected to expire on or before June 30, 2021. The position responsible for directing the construction and implementation of a new State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) electronic data management system and moving the project forward through all steps to completion.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
- Manages the project in accordance with the specifications of the new system to be detailed as part of the to-be completed Business Needs Analysis.
- Leads testing, implementation, training, and trouble-shooting of the new system in coordination with technical advice of SHPO Management Team.
- Carries out pre-project planning and coordination.
- Ensures project scope and implementation schedules are feasible, acceptable, and adhered to for all impacted groups.
- Defines project-related contractor and staff roles and responsibilities.
- Supervises commonwealth staff and contractual employees responsible for data cleanup, migration of data, training, or other project related activities.
- Prioritizes and assigns project-related work to commonwealth staff and contractual employees responsible for data cleanup and/or migration of data, training, or other project-related activities.
- Coordinates project budget and contractor payments with the PHMC Fiscal Office.
- Monitors project progress and quality control check points through the project management SharePoint site.
- Ensures processes are followed to successfully create and implement schedules that are feasible and acceptable to all impacted program areas.
- Conducts project and post-project reviews and meetings, both internal and external.
- Creates project documentation through standard commonwealth project management forms and the appropriate retention of archival records produced as a result of project implementation.
- Facilitates coordination and communication between consultants contracted to construct the new electronic system and commonwealth staff.
- Ensures changes to project scope are documented and agreed to by the SHPO Management Team.
- Facilitates and coordinates work efforts of contractor and staff within all applicable program areas.
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with SHPO Management Team, contractors, and any other appropriate entity to ensure project accountability.
- Develops and adheres to a communication plan which will be developed in two parts: internal communication among staff and agency partners and external staff/agency communication with the public and external partners.
- Provides updates to Management Team at project status meetings.
- Notifies SHPO Management Team of project timelines, milestones, phases, work request target dates, and approved executable work packages.
- Disseminates technical information on a variety of project-related IT topics to the SHPO staff.
- Researches and provides costs of new equipment, software, and/or services as a procurement package to the program office, including any specialized instructions based on agency or contract stipulations. Provides support to SHPO staff throughout deployment on project-related technology.
- Ensures the process for recording and reporting IT assets is feasible, effective, and accurate.
- Ensures processes are followed for accurate IT asset reporting.
Incumbent is responsible to be familiar with PHMC general safety rules and safety rules specific to this position; for working in a safe manner and following all PHMC safety rules; to immediately report all workplace injuries or incidents to their supervisor; and to immediately correct any safety hazards in the work area or report same to supervisor. Performs other related duties at the direction of the bureau director.
HOW TO APPLY:
This position is filled through a Non-Civil Service process coordinated through the Bureau of State Employment (BSE). All applications must go through BSE’s employment website at www.employment.pa.gov. We cannot accept any applications directly. Please see below how to apply:
From www.employment.pa.gov, click on the Job Opportunities tab under Non-Civil Service. Scroll to the chart and select the position titled “Project Manager 1”. If interested, click on “Apply.” If you are not currently registered with NEOGOV, you may create an account and apply for this or any other listed category. Registration is free. Returning applicants should enter their current username and password, and follow the steps to create a profile and apply under Project Manager 1 category. If you have any questions during the application process, please contact the Bureau of State Employment at 717.787.5703.
Applications are due July 25, 2016.
Two years of experience as a Business Analyst 3; OR Two years of experience in leading IT systems development or implementation projects and a bachelor’s degree; OR An equivalent combination of experience and training that includes two years of experience in leading IT systems development or implementation projects.
Employment Type: Limited-Term, Full-Time
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.