Are you an innovative and forward-thinking professional with strong program administration skills? Are you seeking a leadership position that will allow you to advance your career and make a difference?
If this is you, apply to join the PA SHPO team of dedicated preservationists, historians, and archaeologists working with Pennsylvania’s historic communities to achieve positive preservation outcomes.
Don’t wait! Applications due May 18, 2023.
DESCRIPTION of WORK
The Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office (PA SHPO) is seeking a manager to lead the Preservation Incentives Division and help advance PA SHPO priorities. This position is ideal for a professional with proven leadership and relationship-building skills and who has broad knowledge of historic preservation programs. In addition to the daily responsibilities to direct the division’s work, opportunities include expanding statewide partnerships and evaluating and advancing preservation incentives across Pennsylvania.
This is a management position responsible for the direction and operation of the Division of Preservation Incentives within the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission’s State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO). This Division is responsible for oversight, education and promotion of federal and state incentive programs, including Historic Preservation Tax Credits, Keystone Historic Preservation Grants, Pennsylvania Historical Markers, and the Historic Property Inspection Program.
Details about the duties and responsibilities of this position can be found in this position description.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in Architectural History, Archaeology, or a closely related field; and one year in the Historic Preservation Supervisor classification; or
- A Master’s Degree in Architectural History, American History, Archaeology, or a closely related field, plus three years experience working on an architectural survey, an architectural restoration and preservation project, historic preservation program, or a preservation assistance project; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- 3 or more years experience managing a team of individuals (2 or more) and overseeing group work.
- 3 or more years experience interpreting and applying National Park Service guidance and the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
- Demonstrable experience developing agreement documents and contracts.
- Experience using data management systems.
- Experience implementing program processes.
- Experience articulating the benefits of historic preservation incentives to diverse audiences.
- You must meet or exceed the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
For a list of Preferred Qualifications (not required), see the job posting.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with one-hour lunch.
- Telework: You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) not to exceed 2 days a week. Specific days will be determined by bureau directors according to bureau needs. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
The commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
For complete position description, salary and benefits information, and to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pabureau/jobs/4004593/preservation-incentives-division-manager-historic-preservation-manager.
APPLY BY MAY 18, 2023. All applications must be filed online at http://www.employment.pa.gov.