In May of 2015, Governor Tom Wolf appointed 48 people to serve on the newly-created Governor’s Pipeline Infrastructure Task Force, which was charged with creating a set of recommendations for responsibly guiding the extraction and transportation of natural gas in Pennsylvania. The purpose of the recommendations was to suggest best practices that would avoid or lessen environmental, community and cultural resources impacts and address safety issues. Below is the who, what, when, where, and how of this task force, the PA SHPO’s role, and the group’s accomplishments.
- Hosanna Church: The Last building in Hinsonville on
- Preservation Backstory: Emporium’s Sylvania Corporation Marker on
- Historic Eden Cemetery: Preserving Memory and Protecting Legacy on
- Ringing in the New Year with a “Bang” with Cannonballs! on
- Resource Round-up: PHMC’s Resources for Native American History in Pennsylvania on