Great news for fans of Pennsylvania’s beloved blue and gold markers – there are going to be more of them soon! At the March 9th meeting, the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission recently approved 23 new historical markers. Many of the marker applications and approvals were from Philadelphia County this year so we’re anxious to get some great nominations next year for subjects of statewide and/or national significance in Pennsylvania’s other 66 counties! The Marker Program encourages broad distribution, so individuals and organizations from across the commonwealth are encouraged to research their history and develop nominations for people, places, events, and innovations in their own area. We know there is more history out there to share!
- Resource Round-up: PHMC’s Resources for Native American History in Pennsylvania on
- Intern Introspect: 2023 PASS Internship on
- Mapping the Wallace Paths (aka those new red lines on CRGIS) on
- Just Listed: Historic Breweries of Pennsylvania Edition on
- A Place In Time: The Original Little League Field on