Are you interested in making a difference through disaster management planning? Do you want to be on the forefront of proactive historic preservation?
The Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office (PA SHPO) is seeking a Historic Preservation Specialist to administer and report on planning and demonstration projects funded through Hurricane Sandy Historic Preservation Recovery Funding from the National Park Service.
This limited-term position is ideal for a hazard planning professional with a knowledge of historic preservation and project management experience.
Please note: This limited term position is expected to expire on or before June 30, 2019.
Description of Work:
Historic Preservation Recovery Project Manager responsible for Phase 2 of the PA SHPO’s Hurricane Sandy project. Responsibilities include:
- Working with Sandy-impacted communities to integrate historic resources into their PEMA/FEMA mandated Hazard Mitigation Plans.
- Serving as a subject matter expert for consulting on Hazard Mitigation Plans.
- Managing a consultant team(s).
- Organizing public meetings.
- Coordinating data collection for the SHPO’s Cultural Resources Geographic Information System (CRGIS).
- Providing technical assistance to a variety of groups across the Commonwealth.
Required Experience, Training & Eligibility:
- Two or more years of experience working on an architectural survey, an architectural restoration and preservation project or program, and a bachelor’s degree in architectural history, American history, art history, or course work in Pennsylvania history;
- OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Apply @ https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pabureau/jobs/1766674/historic-preservation-specialist
Application deadline is July 5th, 2017.