The PA SHPO has recently updated its project review form. Please updated any downloaded or bookmarked forms.
You can find the new form on PHMC’s website here: https://www.phmc.pa.gov/Preservation/About/Documents/SHPO%20Project%20Review%20Form_Digital%20Submission.pdf
- All initial project submissions must be submitted via email to the PA SHPO’s Project Review resource account. Please continue to follow the process for emailing submissions outlined here:
- Initial project submissions must include two separate PDFs: one for the Project Review Form and one for the attachments.
- Applicants should only contact reviewers directly for existing projects after consultation has been initiated and a PA SHPO Environmental Review number assigned.
PA SHPO will return Project Review Forms that are submitted incorrectly or incomplete.
This form and the email submission process will remain in place until PA-SHARE comes online early next year.
July 2nd is the day we start doing things a little bit differently here at the PA SHPO: online data entry and required project review forms!
Here is what we first announced in our April 4, 2018 blog:
Electronic, aka online, data entry is one of the ways in which we are changing how we do business in order to prepare for PA-SHARE, our new enterprise-wide, spatially enabled, cultural resource information system that is expected to be live by December 2019.
As part of our efforts to “model the work” in advance of PA-SHARE, effective July 2, 2018, submitters will be required to electronically enter resources into CRGIS for all Above Ground Environmental Review submissions that have the potential to affect ten (10) or more newly identified historic resources. A few things to note with this:
- Currently, submitters with large scale surveys (ten or more historic resources) as part of their projects are strongly encouraged to use the online data entry. After July 2, this will be required and paper forms and reports will not be accepted.
- Submitters sending in projects with fewer than ten (10) newly identified historic resources are strongly encouraged to use the CRGIS online data entry but will not be required to do so.
- This process cannot be used for additional information requests or previously identified resources.
Also, the Interim Guidelines for Above Ground Environmental Review are now published and available for you to use!
As we move toward PA-SHARE, these interim guidelines are intended to supplement Chapter 6. Compliance Investigations and Chapter 7. Report Standards of the Guidelines for Architectural Investigations in Pennsylvania, 2014. They should also be used in conjunction with any other relevant guidelines, including but not limited to Survey Guidelines for Pipeline Projects Above Ground Resources, June 2013 and Guidelines for Projects with Potential Visual Effects, September 2014.
The interim guidelines focus specifically on Project Initiation, Identification, and Evaluation efforts and associated reporting procedures, including a sample Identification report for review. In addition as part of these efforts, the Project Review Form has been updated so please replace those outdated versions!
It may be the time of year when we all joke around and partake in fun pranks to celebrate April Fools Day, but we’re not joking when we say that your life is about to get easier. Why? Electronic submissions and online data entry! Continue reading