Are you interested in joining a proactive and dedicated team of preservationists, historians, and archaeologists? The Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office (PA SHPO) is seeking a manager to lead the Preservation Incentives Division and help advance PA SHPO priorities. This position is ideal for a professional with proven leadership and relationship-building skills and who has broad knowledge of historic preservation programs.
This is a PA SHPO leadership position!
DESCRIPTION of WORK
This is a management position responsible for the direction and operation of the Division of Preservation Incentives within the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission’s State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO). This Division is responsible for oversight, education and promotion of federal and state incentive programs, including Historic Preservation Tax Credits, Keystone Historic Preservation Grants, Pennsylvania Historical Markers, and the Historic Property Inspection Program. Responsibilities include directing the work of the division, as well as providing education, technical assistance, and promotion of federal and state incentive programs.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in Architectural History, Archaeology, or a closely related field; and one year in the Historic Preservation Supervisor classification; or
- A Master’s Degree in Architectural History, American History, Archaeology, or a closely related field, plus three years experience working on an architectural survey, an architectural restoration and preservation project, historic preservation program, or a preservation assistance project; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Three or more years of experience managing a team of individuals and overseeing group work.
- Three or more years of experience interpreting and applying National Park Service guidance and the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
- Experience coordinating and conducting site visits and meetings to advise and assist partners.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
The commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
- Telework: Telework eligible (part-time): You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) not to exceed 3 days a week. Specific days will be determined by bureau director according to bureau needs. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
APPLY BY MARCH 17, 2023. All applications must be filed online at http://www.employment.pa.gov
External applicants: For complete position description, salary and benefits information, and to apply, visit Preservation Incentives Division Manager (Historic Preservation Manager) | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com).
Leave a Reply