Are you a highly skilled historic preservationist with National Register experience? The Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office (PA SHPO) is seeking a Historic Preservation Supervisor to coordinate the office’s National Register of Historic Places program. Take the next step in your professional career and apply to work with us today!
Description of Work
The PA SHPO uses its resources to educate, encourage, and enable Pennsylvanians to value and preserve Pennsylvania’s history and culture. Our role is to identify, promote, and protect the architectural and archaeological resources of the commonwealth.
The Historic Preservation Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the National Register of Historic Places program, supervising staff, and helping to guide proactive research, documentation, and survey efforts.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements
- One year in the Historic Preservation Specialist classification; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural History, American History, Archaeology, or a closely related field plus three years experience working on an architectural survey, an architectural restoration and preservation project, historic preservation program, or a preservation assistance project; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must have experience supervising professional staff.
- Meet or exceed the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards.
- At least three years of experience writing National Register of Historic Places nominations, and/or demonstrable experience with nomination development, nomination review and editing, and successful interactions with staff, boards, and federal agencies.
- Demonstrable experience interpreting and applying National Park Service guidance and criteria for evaluating archaeological and/or above ground properties for National Register of Historic Places eligibility and listing.
- Demonstrable experience interpreting and applying contexts and Multiple Property Documentation Forms to historic resources.
- Demonstrate excellent ability working with a team of individuals and independently.
- Demonstrable experience conducting surveys of historic resources.
- Proficiency using technology and software applications to manage historic resource data, workflows, and workload.
- Experience in developing and implementing public outreach programs, conducting preservation education, and public speaking.
- Possession of a current driver’s license which is not under suspension.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
The commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Work Schedule and Additional Information
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday, with a 60-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time up to 3 days a week. Specific days will be determined by bureau directors according to bureau needs. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: $61,868.00 – $93,966.00 annually. In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Apply by August 28, 2023. All applications must be filed online at http://www.employment.pa.gov/.
For complete position description, salary and benefits information, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pabureau/jobs/newprint/4152927.