Are you a highly skilled historic preservationist with National Register experience? The Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office is seeking an Historic Preservation Supervisor to coordinate the office’s National Register of Historic Places program.
Description of Work
The PA SHPO uses its resources to educate, encourage and enable Pennsylvanians to value and preserve Pennsylvania’s history and culture. Our role is to identify, promote, and protect the architectural and archaeological resources of the commonwealth.
This is a supervisory position responsible for coordination of the National Register of Historic Places program within PA SHPO’s Division of Preservation Services. This position is responsible for supervising staff, assisting the public with nominations, staffing the PA Historic Preservation Board, completing determinations of eligibility for a variety of projects, and helping to guide proactive research, documentation, and survey efforts.
Interested in learning more? View the job posting and additional details can be found in the position description.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- One year in the Historic Preservation Specialist classification; Or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural History, American History, Archaeology, or a closely related field plus three-years’ experience working on an architectural survey, an architectural restoration and preservation project, historic preservation program, or a preservation assistance project; Or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- One or more years of experience supervising professional staff.
- Meet or exceed the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards. The minimum education and experience required to meet these standards can be found by clicking here.
- Three or more years of experience writing National Register of Historic Places nominations, and/or demonstrable experience with nomination development, nomination review and editing, and successful interactions with staff, boards, and federal agencies.
- Three or more years of experience interpreting and applying National Park Service guidance and criteria for evaluating archaeological and/or above ground properties for National Register of Historic Places eligibility and listing.
- One or more years of experience interpreting and applying contexts and Multiple Property Documentation Forms to historic resources.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Demonstrate excellent ability working with a team of individuals and independently.
- Demonstrable experience conducting surveys of historic resources.
- Proficiency using technology and software applications to manage historic resource data, workflows, and workload.
- Experience in developing and implementing public outreach programs, conducting preservation education, and public speaking.
- Excellent computer and word processing skills using MS Office products and data management systems such as the SHPO’s PA-SHARE.
The commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Telework eligible (part-time): You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) not to exceed 3 days a week. Specific days will be determined by bureau directors according to bureau needs. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
APPLY BY 8/22/2022 11:59 PM EST. All applications must be filed online at http://www.employment.pa.gov/.
For complete position description, salary and benefits information, and to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pabureau/jobs/3643448/national-register-supervisor?department%5b0%5d=Historical%20%26%20Museum%20Commission&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs.