The Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office (PA SHPO) is seeking an archaeological research intern to work with the Pennsylvania Archaeological Site Survey (PASS) program.
This will be an exciting opportunity to conduct research about the history of survey in Pennsylvania, conduct site documentation projects, and work with SHPO archaeologists to record Pennsylvania’s archaeological heritage.
The PA SHPO is expanding the activities of the Pennsylvania Archaeological Site Survey (PASS), which serves as Pennsylvania’s official inventory of recorded archaeological sites. Program activities include:
- expanding the site inventory through proactive survey;
- raising awareness about site recording and archaeology among various groups and agencies; and
- working with new and existing partners to document Pennsylvania’s archaeological heritage.
The purpose of this internship is to support ongoing activities conducted by the PASS program and to explore options for the future growth of the program. Work will include:
- research and writing with an opportunity to co-author an article for publication;
- adding archaeological site data to CRGIS; and
- participating in archaeological site visits and outreach opportunities.
For more information about the project and how to apply visit https://www.paheritage.org/events/archaeological-research-intern-2020.html and download the PDF document at the bottom of the page.
Please note: The position pays $16.66 per hour, and applications must be received by Friday, February 14, 2019.