Blog of the Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office
September 11, 2017by Shelby Weaver Splain | 0 comments
Dollar Bank (Allegheny County). The Dollar Savings Bank building, completed in 1871, with additions in 1906, is located in what is commonly referred to as “Pittsburgh’s Wall Street.” The National Register-listed building anchors the Fourth Avenue Historic District and is its second oldest building. Original lions were brought indoors and restored, with replicas placed outside. Historic “modular” office fittings were recreated and the ornate interior was restored.