Pennsylvania Historic Preservation

Blog of the Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office

Image 5 Newton School plan

| 0 comments

The Newton Primary School, built 1866-1867 by James Sidney, used the ‘Philadelphia Plan’; the slightly skewed lines represent the movable partitions. The school was located north of Ludlow Street and east of 36th Street , now the site of the 36th Street Trolley Portal. This plan is from a 1917 book, Public School Buildings of the City of Philadelphia from 1853 to 1867 available via archive.org.

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.